Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Mouse Dust

On 30/09/2016 00:01, aioli wrote:
I want to replace my MS Notebook Mouse 3000 but it seems that no one
makes this style. Nothing similar. Not even close.

Corded USB
Travel size (small)
Scroll / click / tilt wheel
Button on the side - MANDATORY !
Red LED tracking.

i.e. NO batteries !

Problem, the scroll seems to run away sometimes for no reason.
A large page will start rapidly scrolling.
I stop it by fiddling with the mouse.
It does not happen again for a time.

Is this a cleaning problem for the internal pot or what or worn out ?

Have the battery manufactures mandated that only meeces with batteries
are now allowed ?

There are not even many rechargeable mice out there.
I have one. It is a talking bluetooth mouse.
Does not hold the charge long enough but it is fun to use when I want to
fool with folks. I can make it say anything. Like "Get your hands off
of me." or "Micky and I are friends" or naughties.

So you may as well get inside and maybe the optical encoderdisc is
partly out of a bearing, pot is worn, something loose, fluff etc