Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mouse Dust

I want to replace my MS Notebook Mouse 3000 but it seems that no one
makes this style. Nothing similar. Not even close.

Corded USB
Travel size (small)
Scroll / click / tilt wheel
Button on the side - MANDATORY !
Red LED tracking.

i.e. NO batteries !

Problem, the scroll seems to run away sometimes for no reason.
A large page will start rapidly scrolling.
I stop it by fiddling with the mouse.
It does not happen again for a time.

Is this a cleaning problem for the internal pot or what or worn out ?

Have the battery manufactures mandated that only meeces with batteries
are now allowed ?

There are not even many rechargeable mice out there.
I have one. It is a talking bluetooth mouse.
Does not hold the charge long enough but it is fun to use when I want to
fool with folks. I can make it say anything. Like "Get your hands off
of me." or "Micky and I are friends" or naughties.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

?

Have the battery manufactures mandated that only meeces with
batteries are now allowed ?

There are not even many rechargeable mice out there. I have one. It
is a talking bluetooth mouse. Does not hold the charge long enough
but it is fun to use when I want to fool with folks. I can make it
say anything. Like "Get your hands off of me." or "Micky and I are
friends" or naughties.

double triggering buttons can be remedied by soldering in new microswitches.
spurious keypresses like you described can have several causes: Bad power supply,
broken cable, wireless interference(bursts, far apart), broken usb interface, dirt,
failed controller.

The interference you can try to counter with a ferrite on the cable.

If you think it's the usb on the mainboard, use a different USB socket
(there was that acer laptop which had some USB ports on a separate board,
and if you put your hand near the hinge the plug(internal) would come loose
intermittently).

maybe change the cable.

perhaps clean the mouse(the circuit board).

If that won't help, you can only trash it...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have a look at Evil-Bay. There are many "MS Notebook Mouse 3000"
listed, though most seem to be wireless. With some patience, the one
you want will likely show up in a few months.

Regards,
Tim

On 9/29/2016 7:01 PM, aioli wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 30/09/2016 00:01, aioli wrote:
[...]

So you may as well get inside and maybe the optical encoderdisc is
partly out of a bearing, pot is worn, something loose, fluff etc
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:41:30 AM UTC-7, Johann Klammer wrote:
On 09/30/2016 01:01 AM, aioli wrote:
I want to replace my MS Notebook Mouse...

double triggering buttons can be remedied by soldering in new microswitches

If only it were that simple! I've fixed mice, with bad microswitches (usually dirty,
and some cycles of HV switching burn away the crud), and with fluff in
the optical path, and with film on the contact wires, and with...well, basically
fingerprints many microns deep all over the rotating parts.

My favorite mice now, though, are all welded closed. Can't get in.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dremel to get it apart, Tenax to put it together. Won't look pretty but what have you got to lose?