Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Horace Algier Horace Algier is offline

Default How to create an EMERGENCY folder on a mobile device (and what to put inside)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 22:35:52 -0000 (UTC), Horace Algier wrote:

Do you create an EMERGENCY folder on your mobile device (and what do you
put inside)?

Based on the response, people don't seem to create much of an emergency
folder nor do they do much about emergency apps.

Googling for apps, most found seem to be cross platform (as they should
be), so, it's not an iOS or Android-specific problem - but relates to all
mobile devices.

The plethora of supposed emergency apps is apparent from just the first few
Google hits, as everyone seems to want to get in on the bandwagon, so it
would take a *lot* of effort to come up with the best apps on my own.

Since others aren't adding much value, we'll probably get nowhere further
on this task, but to help out a bit, I'll review the next hit after briefly
skimming it for useful details...

iPhone/iPad Apps for emergencies
http://appadvice.com/applists/show/apps-for-emergencies

Here's just my first impression of the free ones, in order:
1. wikiHow: How to and DIY Survival Kit (jesus ... are they serious?)
2. RepairPal: Auto Repair Expert (omg ... they are serious?)
3. iWrecked - Auto accident assistant (jesus christ ... they're serious?)
4. Winter Survival Kit (omg ... more of the same)
5. iTriage (jesus ... more crap)
6. SPOT Connect (a satellite service - but how does it work?)

Other than the potential for "SPOT Connect" to be a potentially useful app,
the rest, based only on my initial inspection, defy any real definition
other than "jesus christ ... are they serious?".

Let's hope the next hit is better:
50 Emergency Apps: Turn Your Phone into a Life-Saving Device!
http://prepared-housewives.com/emerg...ave-your-life/