On 09/29/2016 11:49 AM, TimR wrote:
European outlets don't have that problem. The pins are insulated halfway such that the tips don't make contact until they're completely inside. Ground is top AND bottom IIRC, and pins side
I think the real issue, not yet mentioned, is that a child can plug in a cord with his/her fingers on the blade. That is FAR more likely than dropping a paperclip on it.
Once, I was plugging radio into a receptacle in an old building. The
receptacle was damaged in such a way that the only way a plug would go
is was it you squeezed he prongs together while inserting the plug. I
could have used insulated fingers :-)
87 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
On the sixth day God created man On the seventh day, man returned the