Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Horace Algier Horace Algier is offline

Default How to create an EMERGENCY folder on a mobile device (and what to put inside)

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 22:48:49 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

Surprisingly few have commented yet.

No, not surprising at all.

Have fun explaining why they have done with his other stuff.

The number of posts in a thread is absolutely meaningless.

In most threads, most of the comments are unhelpful noise anyway, so, one
or two good technical accurate responses is about all *any* thread could
hope for in the best of curcumstances.

To that end, I *try* (but sometimes fail) to make "my" posts packed with as
much value as I can pack into them, so that all benefit from the
conversation.

I also almost always *try* the suggestions proposed, if they are
reasonable, and if they fit the circumstances.

Based on taking up all suggestions in this thread, what we have together
developed, so far, is this emergency folder capability:
http://i.cubeupload.com/MPNlDb.gif

a. Local 911 (if applicable in your area)
b. CHP 911
c. Evacuation Route Traffic
d. Police/Fire Scanner (if legal in your area)
e. ?

In addition, I'm working on a button to send out an alert SMS to the family
that also sends the GPS coordinates.

1. For example, this emergencySMS app "says" it will send out a
pre-recorded text to three people at the touch of a button:
- Emergency SMS By DASTIS Communication
= https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....emergency.sms

2. This Emergency reverse-SMS app "says" it will alert you by sound (even
if the phone is on silent or vibrate) if you receive a text from someone
using a pre-defined code word:
- TeXTe - Emergency SMS by Curly Y.
= https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ravid.dev.esms

3. This emergency 911-related SMS app "says" it will alert your family any
time you call 911:
- 911HelpSMS ( 911 Help SMS ) By Safety Now Solutions
= https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bmatch.help911

4. This Emergency SMS app "says" it will alert people with a pre-recorded
message and your GPS location when you press the sleep button a few times
- Emergency Alert By xAnkle
= https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kle.mobile.sos

5. This alert app "says" it will alert by phone or email with your GPS
location on a map snapshot along with a pre-recorded message:
- Emergency Button By Andluck
= https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ergency.button
etc.

As always, there is so much good freeware out there that the "price" is the
testing to find the best ones - which is why I *asked* what *you* put in
*your* emergency folder (assuming you've tested emergency apps).