Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Common nails are thicker than the same size Coated Nails (Sinkers)

wrote:
If I buy a box of 16d common nails, they are thicker than a box of 16d
coated nails, (AKA "sinkers"). Shouldn't they be the same thickness,
since they are the same nail size?

This is true for all nail sizes. I only used the 16d as an example.

This is nothing new. I've noticed this for many years, bu never
understood why.....

Look up "box nail" and "common nail" . Or you could just take my word that
usually coated sinkers are box nails , which are smaller in diameter than
common nails . Can you guess what they use box nails for ?
--
Snag