Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

I keep saying I'm going to upgrade my ancient stereo to one with a USB
port. Unfortunately, every stereo on the market these days uses a knob
for the volume control. My car rides fairly rough so trying to make
small adjustments while bouncing around is kind of difficult. Worse
yet, the volume knobs usually have different functions when you push
them in, so I really mess things up when I hit a bump. My old
Alpine stereo had separate volume up and volume down buttons, much
easier to use with a stiff suspension. But, I don't really drive much
anymore and generally only listen to the radio anyway. Low priorit

Many don't use any knobs any more. Push a button for up or down volume
- same for tuning.

Do you have links for any of these? I haven't seen anything (in the single
DIN format) in the last 5 years or so that didn't use a knob for the volume
control. Except maybe for some budget off brands.

Then again, I haven't really been looking very much.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com