Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

It said formats were MP3 and WMA

Ours are limited to those formats too. Personally, I've never used WMA for
anything and prefer to convert other formats to MP3 for the best
compatibility with multiple devices.

That stereo also has a remote control.

I've never understood the reason for a remote control in a car stereo. All
of the controls are at my reach on the head unit already.

I suppose it could be handy if you're in the back seat with your sweetie.

I have no intention to get a smartphone, based on the cost.
My prepaid Tracfone is all I need.

You might check out Tracfone's latest offerings. I have Tracfone too and
upgraded to an LG Ultimate 2 L41C last year. It may not be bleeding edge
stuff but it's certainly smart enough for my needs. Sure beats the old flip
phone.

I have my Tracfone, and actually have to make some "regular calls"
or I accumulate too many minutes.

Yeah, I've got 100's of voice minutes that I never use, and Tracfone
doesn't make it easy to just buy service hours. So I end up adding minutes
every year when I don't need them just so I can add service time.

I do hope they have exceeded the 4gb limit though.

I haven't tried it, but I think it will accept a larger drive, it just
won't access more than 4GB.

In any case, that's hundreds of songs and hours of music. Unless you're
taking a road trip, you won't be able to listen to all of the songs on the
drive.

One thing I still dont understand is how to determine what stereos
will fit in my 1996 Plymouth Voyager.

Amazon sells an install kit (adapter plate) for your car for single DIN
radios. So any single DIN stereo should fit, given enough depth behind the
dash (you would probably need to remove the old stereo and measure it, then
compare the new stereo's specifications).

Thanks for all your help!

No problem. I'm happy to help.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com