Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:09:33 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

There was some sort of car radio from wayyyyy back, that had the
amplifier portion of the radio separate from the tuner. This was a
tube set, and probably from the 50s or early 60s.

I never saw a two part radio like that, but I did pull out a few tube
tuners. Big heavy boat anchors.

Back then the "standard" radio opening had a hole on each side for the
volume and tuner knobs and a smaller rectangular opening for the radio
dial. Installing a modern stereo in those cars meant cutting sheet metal.

Today I think you can buy "retro" radios that will fit the old openings
without cutting metal. New electronics in the old format.

Honestly, I haven't kept up with current car stereo's. The last stereo I
bought was over 15 years ago.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

You can have a brand new AM FM radio installed inside your existing
radio case, using a modified original type dial OR an LCD digital
display. Several companies around doing the job. They put aux in on
them and some even get USB.