Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 10:34:50 AM UTC-4, HerHusband wrote:
I have not really read about car stereos in years and I was surprised
to see that they have the ability to play MP3s right from a USB flash
drive, and also have an AUX input for any audio source. One in
particular I read the box, (Pioneer brand), is AM, FM, CD, AUX, USB,
and Bluetooth

Yep, those are fairly typical features for most stereo systems.

I still dont quite understand what the bluetooth does.

It's basically just a wireless communication protocol that lets different
devices talk to each other.

For instance, you could play songs on your smart phone and have them
played over your car stereo via the wireless bluetooth connection.
Essentially like connecting a cable via the AUX input, only without the
wires.

Personally, I would rather put songs on a USB drive, but many folks have
everything on their smart phones.

Well, it's not that everything is *on* our smartphones as much as so
much is available *through* our smartphones.

Pandora for music, Tune-In Radio (and others) for streaming radio,
hundreds if not thousands of sites offering podcasts of every shape
and size, YouTube, etc.

I have Bluetooth and a magnetic vent mount in my van. I get in the van,
and slap the phone *onto* (not into) the mount. A few seconds later it
connects to Bluetooth.

It's similar to this...slap and drive, grab and go.

https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/2ryy...1/c700x420.jpg