Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 12:18:58 AM UTC-4, HerHusband wrote:
That reminds me of the time I tried to replace the mono radio in my
1966 lay-down Rambler with an after-market stereo AM/FM/Cassette unit.
Imagine my surprise when I opened up the dashboard and found that AMC
had used a radio with the face on the "bottom" and installed the radio
"standing up". Let's call it a vertical radio instead of your standard
horizontal radio.
http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/cf/a9/5a2f_35.JPG

I worked as a car stereo installer back in the late 80's or early 90's. I
saw a lot of weird radio configurations, but that's one I never saw before.
Very interesting!

I ended up mounting an under-dash Pioneer Super Tuner with a Y-cable for
the antenna and a switch to transfer the speakers between the deck and the
OEM Radio. The Pioneer did not have station presets or AM. My dad drove the
Rambler sometimes and he preferred the simplicity of the OEM radio. In
addition, AM was the only place to listen to sports back then so I used
it also.

Are you old enough to remember these?

http://cdn.speednik.com/files/2016/0...2_06-40-27.jpg