Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 04:56:49 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 04:28:03 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

I'd be more inclined to buy one of these bluetooth speaker devices.

I wouldn't necessarily buy the one I have to use in a car. It's quite small
and the user controls leave something to be desired. You basically turn it
on and let it play through the songs. Skipping songs or folders is awkward
at best.

I bought it to use with my laptop so I could watch movies during power
outages. It works great for that. Doesn't take up much space, has good
sound quality, and the battery lasts a long time. The bluetooth connection
doesn't work right (buzzy audio), but it's easy enough to connect a wired
cable to the laptop.

As I said, there are many other powered speakers that can take memory cards
or USB drives. Shop around.

I wonder if any of these bluetooth things come with a power adaptor to
plug into a vehicle cig lighter socket?

They'll have a charging port. It would just be a matter of finding the
right cable and/or adapters to plug it into the lighter socket.

Anthony Watson

I was at Walmart again yesterday. I dont really intend to buy from them,
but I was looking at their car stereos. I have not really read about car
stereos in years and I was surprised to see that they have the ability
to play MP3s right from a USB flash drive, and also have an AUX input
for any audio source. One in particular I read the box, (Pioneer brand),
is AM, FM, CD, AUX, USB, and Bluetooth, plus has some sort of special
(thing) to connect a smartphone. (I dont use a smartphone, so that I did
not understand).

However, I still dont quite understand what the bluetooth does... I know
phones have that. Even my old flip phone, but how that has anything to
do with music is beyond me. If those car stereos have USB and the
ability to play music directly from a flash drive, that's all I need.
Heck, a 16GB flash drive holds over 5 times more music than my 3GB MP3
player.

The bluetooth on the radio allows it to link with your phone. You can
make phone calls using the radio speakers, mute the music
automatically etc and most will allow you to play music from the phone
through the radio speakers. With a smart phone that could also be
Pandora or I heart radio.