Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 04:18:44 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

That reminds me of the time I tried to replace the mono radio in my
1966 lay-down Rambler with an after-market stereo AM/FM/Cassette unit.
Imagine my surprise when I opened up the dashboard and found that AMC
had used a radio with the face on the "bottom" and installed the radio
"standing up". Let's call it a vertical radio instead of your standard
horizontal radio.
http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/cf/a9/5a2f_35.JPG

I worked as a car stereo installer back in the late 80's or early 90's. I
saw a lot of weird radio configurations, but that's one I never saw before.
Very interesting!

Anthony Watson

There was some sort of car radio from wayyyyy back, that had the
amplifier portion of the radio separate from the tuner. This was a tube
set, and probably from the 50s or early 60s.

When I was in my teens, I belonged to a group of kids that liked
electronics, and the old guy who ran the group was a Ham Oprerator and
he had piles of old radios, tvs and other gear. I remember asking him
about that unusual radio, but I dont recall what kind of car it was
from.