Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 12:28:25 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:35:34 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

I'm sure your factory radio still works fine. It's a matter of how much
time you spend in the vehicle and if it would make your drive more
pleasant. A couple hundred dollars is a small price to pay for a more
enjoyable daily commute.

If it's an old farm truck that only gets driven once a month, it may not be
worth the trouble.

In the past, I'd toss a Boombox on my seat, toss in a cassette and have
music that was also portable. Although those batteries did get costly.
I wonder what portable devices they have now

There are more portable devices than you can imagine!

Last year I picked up one of these Bluetooth speakers for about $30:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Spe...rs-Microphone-
Including/dp/B012B56898/ref=sr_1_4

I don't use the bluetooth feature, but I inserted a microSD card filled
with hundreds of MP3 files. Despite it's tiny size the sound quality is
quite impressive, and it runs a very long time on the rechargeable battery.
It can even act as a power bank to charge other USB devices like your smart
phone.

That's just one example, there are many similar devices on the market if
you don't want to install a stereo in your car.

Thanks for the info. I'd be more inclined to buy one of these bluetooth
speaker devices. First it's affordable. Second, I drive quite a lot, and
while I drive my car the most, I do own a farm truck, and I need to
drive that to go to the nearest big city to buy building supplies and
other stuff. The nearest city is an hour away. My truck only has a
radio. Well, actually it has a tape player, but that has never worked
since I got the truck.

I wonder if any of these bluetooth things come with a power adaptor to
plug into a vehicle cig lighter socket?

It might be worth trying a tape adapter in the truck. A lot of times
the player may not work but the adapter will. Then you can plug in any
kind of MP3 player.