Grunff

Default Untimely airconditioning thread

After the many discussions we had over the summer about aircon,
I decided to go ahead and install one, in readiness for next summer.

The room is a very modest home office, 3.5x4.5m, with lots of
PCs and two people in it most of the time.

I went for a split unit for obvious reasons and I wanted about
2.5-3kW. After talking to a supplier, they managed to convince
me that I ought to go for a cheaper generic Chinese unit rather
than the Fujitsu which I initially wanted.

Given that the Fujitsu was about £950, and the unit they
recommended was only £550 all in, and that it would only be used
for say 2 months of the year, I decided to go for the cheaper
one. I may end up regretting that, I may not - I don't know.

The unit included all the hoses, multicore cable and brackets
for a complete self install. The install was a piece of cake -
the hardest part was the 3" hole through the 2' wall.

Once you've installed it, you bleed off a small amount of
refrigerant through the system, which flushes out the air.
That's it - no vac pump needed.

It's now running fine (there was a minor problem with the main
indoor unit fan rubbing on the case, but a small modification
fixed that).

I will post if it breaks or anything bad happens.

--
Grunff