Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
writes:

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:31:56 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

I have a 2006 Scion Xb. The CD player also does MP3s.
Physically, the CD can hold upward of 700 MP3 tracks at the default bit
rate.

That would be either a very, very low bit rate or very very short MP3s.

At 128 kbps an MP3 will require a bit more than 1/12 the space it would
if
not compressed; i.e, if a fully filled 700 MB CD has 10 tracks, and if
tracks of the same lengths were compressed to MP3 at 128 kbps, a 700 MB
CD
would hold 110-120 MP3s.

Personally, I find 128 kbps acceptable - many do not - but I wouldn't
want
to go much lower.

I agree, a 700 MB CD will hold more like 150-175. I am running one in
my car as we speak.

All this talk led me to examine the CDs I've been creating.
Looks like I've been creating Monaural CDs without knowing it.
Maybe that explains why I'm getting 250+ tracks per CD:

Audio file with ID3 version 2.3.0, contains: MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1, 64
kbps, 44.1 kHz, Monaural

The 64 kbps would have something to do with it.