Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 05:20:25 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

This is not a newer car. 96 Plymouth Voyager, with factory radio.

MP3s were virtually unknown in 1996

Hmm... I didn't consider that. My oldest MP3's are from 2007, so you're
probably right.

You're probably looking at a new stereo.

Or, connect your smart phone/MP3 player to a portable speaker in the car.

I still think the best MP3 player anywhere is a PC running DOS and
MPXPLAY. (what I ran in my cars from 1999 to a couple years ago).The
problem is the last machine I had that will suffer the heat of a car
in the summer is socket 7 board based and finding a good one is pretty
hard to do. I have given up on PC based car players.
MPXPLAY allows selecting songs by number from a numeric pad and I
still have not seen that from any other player, stand alone or PC
based. You can run a 10 key without taking your eyes off the road. Try
that with a factory MP3 player.
Set up with fast boot in the BIOS, running DOS and it will go from
"key on" to music faster that any dash mounted player I have seen.
There is a W/XP version and that is the player in the house.