Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

At 128 kbps an MP3 will require a bit more than 1/12 the space it
would if not compressed; i.e, if a fully filled 700 MB CD has 10
tracks, and if tracks of the same lengths were compressed to MP3 at
128 kbps, a 700 MB CD would hold 110-120 MP3s.
Personally, I find 128 kbps acceptable - many do not - but I wouldn't
want to go much lower.

Many of my older MP3's are encoded at 128 kbps, but I can definitely hear
the quality difference compared to 256 kbps or 320 kbps MP3's.

Storage space isn't much of an issue anymore, so I use 320 kbps for
everything now.

A 7MB MP3 is nothing compared to a 50GB video file.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com