Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 16:31:56 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

I have a 2006 Scion Xb. The CD player also does MP3s.
Physically, the CD can hold upward of 700 MP3 tracks at the default bit
rate.

That would be either a very, very low bit rate or very very short MP3s.

At 128 kbps an MP3 will require a bit more than 1/12 the space it would if
not compressed; i.e, if a fully filled 700 MB CD has 10 tracks, and if
tracks of the same lengths were compressed to MP3 at 128 kbps, a 700 MB CD
would hold 110-120 MP3s.

Personally, I find 128 kbps acceptable - many do not - but I wouldn't want
to go much lower.

I agree, a 700 MB CD will hold more like 150-175. I am running one in
my car as we speak.