Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default "Plug socket"

On 24 Sep 2016 17:25:30 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

I've looked all over Canterbury for the tube station, but without
success.

There used to be one in North Lane. The train went to Whitstable!

Before my time old boy.

And before mine (well, it closed when I was two).

Went through the place a couple of times circa 1960 when I was about
5, Dad would do a bit of scenuc drive to appease Mother on the way to
Dungeness where the firm he worked for was doing some work on the
Dungeness A* Power station. They were still building the "New"
Lighthouse.

There was a 19th century loco used on the line kept by the side of the
road, a quick google shows it is destined for a museum in Canterbury,
it left the roadside location sometime ago.

* I spose it wasn't called A then.

G.Harman