Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Plug socket"

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 17:42:44 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Graeme wrote:
All this is bleeding obvious.

Well, yes, but if, for example, a pal said I'll meet you by the
station,
I would just assume railway station. Perhaps I shouldn't. Having
said that, I have two pals who are police, and if they suggested
meeting by the station, I would assume police station, but only
because I know their occupations.

Not trying to argue - just saying that, to me, the station is the
railway station if not qualified in some way.

Could be Tim simply lives in the sticks. A visit to a railway station
being the highlight of his year.

Why yes it is. Gosh Dave I'm impressed by your prescience: today I
visited stations at Hythe, Dymchurch, New Romney, and Dungeness. Now you
get to explain why it is unlikely that, if you board the train without a
ticket, this will be picked up on the train.

If a pal said to me 'I'll meet you at the station' (and it was clear we
were going somewhere) I'd still have to ask 'tube or railway'

I've looked all over Canterbury for the tube station, but without
success.

There used to be one in North Lane. The train went to Whitstable!