Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 14:31:45 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

This is not a newer car. 96 Plymouth Voyager, with factory radio. This
was their better option back then, some came with only an AM FM radio,
and I believe they could still get a cassette tape model too, so thi CD
model was top of the line back then. I dont think bluetooth even existed
at that time. It would be nice if it had come with an AUX jack though.
The CD player is nice compared to cassette, or just plain radio, but
changing CDs while driving is a pain, and keeping them in the car gets
messy. MP3 solves all of that. Rather than a CD with 10 or 20 songs, a
MP3 player can have hundreds of songs, and in a much smaller package.

Can your CD player play MP3's burned to a standard data CD? I know some can
which would allow you to fit close to 100 songs or more on a single CD
(depending on the MP3 bitrate).

MP3s were virtually unknown in 1996 and not available in any CD player
I have ever heard of until almost a decade later. I was a fairly early
adopter, having a MP3 player in my car in 1999 but it was a DOS PC on
an inverter, playing through a cassette adapter.