Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Plug socket"

On Friday, 23 September 2016 14:07:04 UTC+1, S Viemeister wrote:
On 9/23/2016 7:55 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bod wrote:
Not when the motor fails, the clutch breaks, the handle falls off....
typical British quality, just like Rover.

Had our Dyson coming up to 13 years and still works as good as new.

With no repairs others than consumables? Perhaps they've improved their
quality.

We have a DC01, bought about 19 years ago, still working well. The
relative who recommended it to me still has his even older one, and it's
also still in regular use.

It does depend how you treat them I guess, I was dysoning up after using paint stripper on my door, not sure if that will efect the plastic it certainly made my food go a bit red through my socks so maybe it'll do something to the hose too, but it won;t stop me using it.
I used my DC05 and the hose split there was a screw I;d dysoned up sticking slightly out of it and wedbed in an awakward place so I traded it in at agros for a new one. My portable one rolled down the stairs a week ago and still works OK.
They might not be the best cleaners but everyone I know personlly is very pleased with them and say they work much better than there previous cleaner.
I am tempted by the G-tech advertised on TV but it's about the same price as a dyson at £300 .