Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Plug socket"

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I thought I read or heard last year the BBC had directed its staff
that Railway Station should be the preferred term, seems to have made
no difference on the local station, whoops there's another one,

There's another one where it's obvious what you mean by "local station".

'There has been a fire at your local station'

Given I have a fire station, police station, tube station and rail station
all nearby, which one would it be 'obvious' to you 'they' meant?

--
*What are the pink bits in my tyres? Cyclists & Joggers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.