Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air- acetylene torch?

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:54:37 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 09:36:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:58:42 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 9/21/2016 8:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
You only have part of the torch. The mixer and valve body is missing.

I don't think so ... the very end of the torch has holes in it for
drawing in air. Unless oxy-acet also does that. Also, there was a hose
attached directly to it.

Which end of the torch? Based on your photo

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vvkrro&s=9

there are no holes visible. Now it could be an air/acet torch, many
plumbers carry that sort. I have several. But the handle has to
screw into something that is adjustable.

Many older rigs looked like this:

http://www.johndyerco.com/STORAGE/AcetyleneAirTorch.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=air/...=802# imgrc=_

---

Looks an awful lot like an old smith - minus the valve.

That would be my bet. Not half bad shape though. Just missing the
valve..which can be installed.

Gunner

---