Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default TV and monitor service manuals

N_Cook wrote:

Are you aware of any other structured hierarchical indexing on
archive.org relating to electronics service manuals?

No, I think their main purpose in life is to archive, leaving the search to
you. Sort of like a rummage sale where you need to pull out all the boxes
under the tables and going through the items one by one.

Several years ago I stumbled across usenet archives (since groups on google
is totally worthless these days) and they have a ton. By accident I ran
across ones for chi.* (the chicago ones) but wasn't what I was looking for
at the time.

Well sure enough, quite some time later, the discussion came up about people
who aren't around anymore, when was their last post and so-and-so.

Went back to find them and it took hours, if not including two attempts to
do so. I thought they disappeared, but were all buried. They had some in the
index, but like from giganews but only going back to 2001 or so. Another
archive, not in the index, went back to the beginning, like 1992 or so.

So consider it a treasure hunt.

-bruce