Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default Trailer hitch lock is stuck

wrote in message
I have the same type of cylinder lock without a key attached to my
receiver. I think the lock is titanium so cutting will not likely work. I'm
going to try the big hammer method and hope the lock pins inside the lock
break.
For those wondering why we use such a heavy duty lock. I moved halfway
across the Country towing a trailer with all of my worldly possessions. I
still have all the stuff so I'll assume it worked.

Is it really titanium or just branded "titanium"?

For example, Master Lock Titanium Series locks are made with a stainless
steel body and a hardened steel shrouded shackle.

http://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/187XD

Use an angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel. If you see sparks while
cutting it is made of steel.

If it actually is titanium then use a stone cutting wheel.