Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Trailer hitch lock is stuck

On 9/17/2016 9:14 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 8:59:21 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have the same type of cylinder lock without a key attached to my receiver. I think the lock is titanium so cutting will not likely work. I'm going to try the big hammer method and hope the lock pins inside the lock break.
For those wondering why we use such a heavy duty lock. I moved halfway across the Country towing a trailer with all of my worldly possessions. I still have all the stuff so I'll assume it worked.

"Titanium" is just a name...it makes you think something is strong! It's most likely hardened steel.

Like your skull?

Titanium is a chemical element with symbol Ti and atomic number 22. It
is a lustrous transition metal with a silver color, low density and high
strength. It is highly resistant to corrosion in sea water, aqua regia,
and chlorine.

Symbol: Ti
Melting point: 3,034°F (1,668°C)
Atomic mass: 47.867 u ± 0.001 u