Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Think twice before you buy Duracell batteries

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:59:24 -0400, JW wrote:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/du...83/#msg1027983

... and the batteries that don't leak explode when shorted:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Duracell/index.html

I've bought Duracell AA alkalines that leaked withing a week or three
after installation. No leaks in the package seen, although I'm not
surprised.

IME: They're no less likely to leak than cheap brands if left in equipment
for a long time.

The real disappointment is they don't last significantly longer than the
pack of 6 Kodak Extralife from the £ store.