Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Retired!

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 10:39:02 +0200 (CEST), "lurker #22"
wrote:

In article
Ed Huntress wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:18:05 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 9/12/2016 12:39 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Well, I retired on Friday. 'Finally had enough. So I went fishing this
weekend -- and I see that a lot of people here spent this nice weekend
blowing smoke at each other.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a few days of .... more fishing. Then I'm
going somewhere else. I won't be back for a long while.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll be finding better ways to use my time. I
have a small boat to build before it gets cold. Hasta luego!

(if anyone wants to reach me, delete the "3" from my phony email
address above)

What kind of fishing? My son and I are thinking of getting into fly
fishing. I'd like to look into building my own fly rod. Ever done that?

Trout fishing for the next few days, in PA. Then bluefish, in NJ. And,
if they're biting, false albacore. I haven't checked to see if they're
in. They are the ultimate fly-fishing trip, to me.

I'vs been fly fishing since I was 7. Yes, I build fly rods and other
rods. That's most of what I do with my South Bend lathe these days.
But you don't need a lathe unless you're a real scratch-builder.

Send me a note to my real email address (the one above, but without
the "3") and I'll send you a few photos of my favorite home-built fly
rod, which I built from scratch around 10 years ago.

I'll be out of here after tonight, though, for at least a week.

I will be stalking salmon in Oregon on the Wilson in November.

Ah, that's one I hope to try some day -- or Atlantic salmon in the
Canadian Maritimes.

But that may be dreaming. Late today, I'm going after bluefish on the
NJ beaches.

Congratulations on retirement.

Thanks, lurker.

--