Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retired!

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 05:59:42 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 08:55:55 -0700
On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 21:07:31 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
Ignoramus7822 wrote:
Awesome! I hope that you enjoy your retirement for a long time!
Actually, that time period is a concern. A BBC article says: "... in some jobs, average life expectancy after retirement is just 18 months". Here's the website:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-18952037

True indeed.

I hope Ed stays alive for a very long time.

In Orthodoxy, we have the saying "Many Years." On your birthday,
your anniversary, your promotion, what ever. Not necessarily because
we want you to live a long life, although we do, but because "many
years" provide you with time to repent from those things which
separate you from God.

Many years.

May he live in interesting times. (Chinese curse)

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson