Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Retired!

Ed Huntress wrote:

What happened with fishing? I might have misunderstood, but I had the
idea you were going to be off doing it for a week or so.

It might have gotten lost in my enthusiastic post, but it's two trips.
Over the weekend, I was fishing for panfish in NJ, just to loosen up
my fly-casting arm. Then I went up to north-central PA for some trout
fishing. Late yesterday I headed east, to the Pocono Mountains in PA,
to a brook trout stream (they're very small creeks, and the fish are
small, but they're wild and brookies are native and delicious). I
caught a few brookies last evening and then moved downstream a bit,
looking for stretches where I could cast a dry fly. I caught the
morning hatch today, but I only missed a couple of strikes and caught
nothing. As soon as the hatch was over (around 8:30 AM), I headed home
and got here just after 10:00.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm headed out again, this time down to Island
Beach State Park, which is on a barrier island, to do some surf
casting for bluefish. I have to go get my surf reel re-loaded with
line first.

I made the mistake of checking into RCM instead of heading right for
the tackle shop...

I'd invite you up my way to the West Canada but it's running low at the
moment. The three local "trout" streams have all but dried up after the
way they were destroyed during the floods and clean-up. The one closest
to me now runs for a couple of miles over bare bedrock! No pools and
only a few rocks to break it up. The rest was shifted and cleaned up to
repair it. I figure they might stock it again in a couple years. Who
knows how long it will take to have any real population in it.

--
Steve W.