Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Retired!

Don Foreman wrote:

One of those jobs is engineering. I think it's true of any job where
one's identity and job might eventually become indistinguishable and
the job becomes the reason for living each day.

Ed already has plans and schemes: build a boat, go fishing for
pickerel. Other interests and passions will pop up. He'll write
about whateverthehell he wants to write about, and won't really care
whether or not some editor somewhere likes what he's written or not.

That's freedom!

Another retiree I know, a name well-known to old RCM'rs, is now
writing novels.

What keeps us alive is having a reason to be alive:
excitement and
anticipation of what we're going to do and enjoy today and
tomorrow
and next week. Having a good partner for the journey helps
a LOT.

Today, 17 years and 3 months after retiring ... I'm going
fishing as
soon as it warms up a little outside. Saturday we're going to a grape stomp at a local winery.

O.K., can you explain what a grape stomp is?