Dave Liquorice

Default Double Innered {Was: MEM Gridwwitch 8000}

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:37:06 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman wrote:

Cross normalling is slightly more descriptive to an operator than
double innered which is the (BBC) engineering term. But it is an ITV
term.

But "double innered" is not the same a "normalled", I can see that is
slightly simpler to understand though. Double innering needs two plugs
to be inserted to isolate the source and destination, you need to
"jack out" the unwanted inner.

Normalling is broken with just one plug.

Gawd this is ancient stuff I had to draw it out, don't often see
double innered stuff these days or listen/source/destination (or
something like that). These days why use 2 or 3 sockets when one will
do...

And you tend to refer to plugging up a jackfield rather than jacking
it up which sounds slightly rude.

B-) Plugging up yes, but you "jack out" double innering.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail