Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mortising and tenoning doors and windows

In article ,
says...

On 2016-09-14, J. Clarke wrote:

Specially considering how much of the tool's contruction is plastic.
Festool is equally guilty.

Are you talking about the Leigh FMT? If so where is the plastic?

I could be wrong. All those black adjustment knobs/levers and
tenon guides are either plastic or metal with a black finish. The
"guides" definitely look like plastic, to me. Am I wrong?

nb

I see what you're talking about now. Some of the black pieces on the
Pro seem to be anodized aluminum. I'm not sure what the guides are made
out of but they look pretty robust.