Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

On 09/13/2016 11:07 PM, HerHusband wrote:
It goes both ways... Several months ago I needed to replace a bolt for the
seatbelt in my 1976 Rabbit. It's a German car, so I figured it was a metric
bolt. I tried every available metric thread pitch, but nothing fit right.
On a whim I tried a fine thread imperial bolt and it threaded in perfectly!

BSF? I didn't think that stuff fit anything. In youthful ignorance I got
involved with British cars and remember the joys of Whitworth.