Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pardon my interruption with a metalworking post

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 06:54:25 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:
"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message

I use 2" pipe on sawhorses as an anvil to smooth out storm damage to
corrugated roofing.

What do you do about elongated/ripped holddown screw holes?
They're the bane to the reuse of corrugated metal.

The roofs of the temporary sheds are connected to each other by nuts
and bolts in the corners, and kept from sliding with screws through
the edges of the lower panel. I tied split/warped PT 2x4s across them
to keep the wind from lifting them. Damaged and repaired panels have
no screw holes that would leak when reused elsewhere.

In late fall I untie the 2x4s and sweep off the leaves with a broom on
a painting extension pole.

I have roofs that take 4' and 6' panels so badly damaged ones can be
cut short as spares for them. Smaller pieces can be cut into patches
for punctures from falling branches. Little goes to waste.

--jsw