Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pardon my interruption with a metalworking post

There are a number of rail-fans that have cars. They need sticks.
Many parks, cities and companies have their own and one has to be in
circles to find a set of 100 sticks or so for sale.

I know of one private railroad that has miles and miles of rail that
they laid themselves. The trains run on normal rails and are 2/3 size
and were used with cars in the SFO expo in 95 ? was it - that is 1895.

John and I to a ride on them one day and got to visit their shops
when I lived on the west coast.

Martin

On 9/13/2016 8:32 AM, dpb wrote:
On 09/13/2016 7:59 AM, Ignoramus16559 wrote:

these are new rails, I bought them at auction.

I did a search; surprised at how many folks are selling 'em and for what
a range of pricing! I guess it must be harder to lay one's hands on a
chunk of old rail in general than is around here... Or, I suppose,
the real problem is most folk don't have a way to handle a chunk the
size generally can find or do anything with it after did...