Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16559 Ignoramus16559 is offline

Default Pardon my interruption with a metalworking post

On 2016-09-13, dpb wrote:
On 09/13/2016 7:59 AM, Ignoramus16559 wrote:

these are new rails, I bought them at auction.

I did a search; surprised at how many folks are selling 'em and for what
a range of pricing! I guess it must be harder to lay one's hands on a
chunk of old rail in general than is around here... Or, I suppose,
the real problem is most folk don't have a way to handle a chunk the
size generally can find or do anything with it after did...

Rails are not easy to come by.

Once I bought rails in the ground that I had to pull with my skid
steer. That was strictly scrap material and a good deal, a full
truckload of rails.

The second time I bought a pile of mostly new rails and some
used. This is what I am selling off right now.