Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] josephip2010@gmail.com is offline

Default Amarr vs Clopay garage door

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:58:46 AM UTC-4, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 9/12/16 5:32 PM, wrote:
On Friday, June 5, 2015 at 10:44:04 PM UTC-4, Sleestak wrote:
replying to Stormin Mormon , Sleestak wrote:
cayoung61 wrote:

Nine years later, your comment is still relevant?

Yes, it is relevant. Why would it not be?

--

I am considering new garage door - considering both Clopay and Wayne Dalton.
The quoted installation price difference is quite large. Wayne Dalton (model 8300)is around $875 Canadian and Clopay (model 4053)is around $1200 Canadian.

I would like to know what your comment are.

Thanks
Joseph

Have had two higher-end model Clopay steel two car garage doors for
years. No issues.

A few years ago, our driveway replacement contractor hit the door with
his Bobcat bucket. The Clopay regional sales office was very
helpful...quickly rounding up a skilled installer and supplying a
comparable model new door from their local warehouse which of course the
driveway guy paid for.

--
With all this €śgun control€ť talk, I havent heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists€” just from law

Good to know. I planned for the Premium Series. model 4050 or 4053.
The specification is 26 Gauge Steel, 1 3/8 in thick and R Value is 6.5 using Polystyrene.
My garage is insulated on the roof and dry wall, so the contractor said that I do not need a high R value.

Clopay got many good reviews in terms of quality even though it is at a higher price compared to Wayne Dalton.

My understanding is looking for the steel gauge. Clopay used Steel Gauge 27 for higher end model like 9200, 9130 and 4300 series.

The lower the number of Steel Gauge, the better it is. Correct?

Comments.