Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

You never mentioned the 16mm. My set lacked that one, and I have
needed that one numerous times.

Oops, yep, I guess I forgot the 16mm. I don't have a wrench that size, and
apparently have never encountered a nut or bolt that needed it.

One day I just bought all the individual wrench sizes that my
set lacked, and made a complete set.

I have a full set ranging from 7mm through 15mm. Then I have 17mm, 19mm,
and 22mm. That seeems to cover everything I work on.

I also inherited a small collection of imperial wrench sizes from my step
dad (maybe 5-7 wrenches total). I don't use those much, but every now and
then they come in handy.

My 6-sided sockets are more complete, running from 4mm all the way up to
30mm for my axle nut.

I bought wrenches and sockets over time as I needed them. So the collection
I have seems to accomodate everything I'm working on, and I didn't spend
money on sizes I never use.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com