Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 04:09:07 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

On Volkswagens, the most used wrench sizes are 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, 17mm, and
19mm.

However, brake bleeders require a 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, or 10mm wrench, depending
on the brand and location of the bleeder.

I also need an 11mm wrench to remove my carburetor cover.

I think the front strut nuts need a 22mm wrench.

12mm, 14mm, and 18mm are probably the sizes I use the least, but
occasionally I'll run across a fastener than needs those too.

Anthony Watson

You never mentioned the 16mm. My set lacked that one, and I have needed
that one numerous times. I found a few others that were missing. One day
I just bought all the individual wrench sizes that my set lacked, and
made a complete set. I did that for my box wrenches, sockets and nut
drivers. I dont think I've ever found a complete metric set in the
stores.