Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default extractor fan success

On 2016-08-31, Tim Watts wrote:

I have an S+P duct fan and I am impressed how fast it can clear the
malodorous vapours from a curry

Mines a bit noisy but that is vent wind noise (I should have used a
"mushroom" vent, not a grille.

Now it's working at last, I am very impressed with the Manrose
timer/humidistat I put in. It even has an external contacts input which
I fitted a momentary pullcord[1] to so you can force the fan to run for
a time.

I figure I'll just flip the lights on briefly for that. I haven't
needed it yet. But we do normally turn the lights on for a
bath or shower because the bath-shower interior is a bit shaded by the
arrangement of the room.

As well as the lack of toilet "sweat", I've noticed that if I want to
clean the window & mirrors (I use a microfibre glass-cleaning cloth
that's supposed to be used on slightly wet glass) I have to do it
pretty soon after a shower --- I used to have a much longer window
(sorry) of opportunity.

Does not come on until really needed (I set to around 60% RHD) -
typically in summer a steaming bath with the door closed will start it
going as will movement with water like washing hair.

Might need tweaking in winter when it's colder, but so far it does not
seem to suffer from false triggering.

I'll be interested in how it goes over the winter.