Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Wing mirror repair?

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Tim+
escribió:

Prices on eBay are £100+ for a full electric mirror replacement.

Yes, I said in another post Ford wanted 150 quid+vat for a motorised
heated StreetKa replacement - and that was unpainted (it's colour
matched to the car).

The one I got off ebay to scavenge for parts to fix the original cost a
tenner. For that, I'm not going to fart about cutting steel plate and
epoxying.

I fully expect to have it fully repaired for nowt using odds and ends from
my garage.

Props to you for giving it a go, hope it works out. If it's the type
that can be folded against the car, maybe think about telling her to not
do that to avoid strain on the repair?

It's a motorised fold. No reason that should strain the mount at all.
Folding might make it fractionally less likely to be vandalised too I
reckon.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls