Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How Waterproof are Fish Tank Heaters?

In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
A lot of the retail price is the brand.
It doesn't cost any more to make a pair of nike trainers than a pair of
george trainers but they sell for far more.

Then why do george go out of their way to sell trainers that don't last
as long as nike?

Do they?

I'm not convinced any one brand is better than another as regards lasting.
But that isn't important anyway for those who buy trainers by brand.

I'm far too old to be worried about which brand I'm seen wearing. But do
still wear trainers for some things - far more comfortable for loafing
around than 'proper' shoes. Presently Lidl ones. At a fraction of the
cost of teenage brands. ;-) And seem very well made.

--
*Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.