Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Help finding the ceiling joists.

On 10/09/2016 23:07, wrote:
Hi,

I've a similar problem... I tried the multiple drill hole technique
and found what I thought was a joist, but it seems to be a really
thin strip of metal running the length of the ceiling. Has anyone got
any thoughts this as I can't find wood? Only these metal strips...

Cheers

It could be an acoustic lath ceiling ......... I fitted these in my
house, you screw clips on each joist with an acoustic pad between clip &
joist. Then clip in tracks at 90 degrees to the joist - screw fixing
ceiling boards to the tracks.

Makes significant difference to sound transmission between floors.