CJT

Default Layers in circuit board and current.

Bart Bervoets wrote:
It would work, as thatīs what i want, to see all layers
at once, not just the surface.
But nobody has x-ray, plus the radiation is bad.
I thought of high infrared and pick up with a camera.
Videocameras make infrared visible (i do it to test remotes)
But i have no idea how to obtain infrared powerful
enough to look through a board, the waves likely wonīt
make it through.

If you have sensitive enough infrared imaging, you could probably
just heat the whole thing up and watch it as it cools. Since the
different materials will cool at different rates, each should show
up in turn. But I haven't tried it, so I could be wrong.

Bart Bervoets
"Bob Shuman" schreef in bericht

X-Ray would not work since all the layers would be seen at once and you
could not determine which was connected to what... You need the internal
layer drawings which are not likely to be released by the manufacturer...

"CJT" wrote in message

Bart Bervoets wrote:

Is there any way to "look through" a circuit board which
has traces inside (multilayer)?

Shouldn't an x-ray machine like they use at the airport
be able to show the internals?