Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pardon my interruption with a metalworking post

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:43:01 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message
On 09/10/2016 11:10 PM, Ignoramus21943 wrote:

Metalworking wise, I am busy cutting railroad rails (112 lbs per
yard)
into 11 inch pieces that fit into flat rate boxes. Doing so with a
bandsaw.

Out of random curiosity, has/is there significant demand???

Rail is claimed to be a passable and more available substitute for a
small anvil.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Railroad-Track-Anvil/

Cut 'em smaller. They're going like hotcakes.
http://tinyurl.com/hgau2ma
Most start at $30 for an inch! (jeweler size)

After I found an antique English anvil (with my name stamped on it!) I
put my chunk of rail away and haven't used it since.

Where'd you find a "Jim" anvil?

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that