Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Removing a plug

"Tim+" wrote in message
Mending a broken wing mirror will be a lot easier if I can remove the
cable
that passes through the centre of the bit I want to repair. I can only do
this if I can remove the individual wires from this plug. I dare say not
tricky but I'd rather not cock up and end up damaging the connector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s02csb7u83...lug2.jpeg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8xllxd025...lug1.jpeg?dl=1

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

I think the wire crimps in the plug have a sticking-up tang which clicks
behind a ridge in the moulding. You can probably insert a thin screwdriver
into the slot beside each socket-hole to bend the tang flat, while at the
same time pushing the wire in to remove friction between the tang and the
ridge, then pull the wire and crimp out. To replace the crimp afterwards,
bend the tang up slightly before reinserting.
--
Dave W