Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing a plug

On 11/09/16 22:05, Tim+ wrote:
Lee wrote:
On 11/09/2016 20:46, Tim+ wrote:
Mending a broken wing mirror will be a lot easier if I can remove the cable
that passes through the centre of the bit I want to repair. I can only do
this if I can remove the individual wires from this plug. I dare say not
tricky but I'd rather not cock up and end up damaging the connector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s02csb7u83...lug2.jpeg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8xllxd025...lug1.jpeg?dl=1

Tim

There are various tools designed to do this, search Ebay for "Terminal
Release Tool Set", but not cost effective for a one-off job.
As the other poster says, you may be able to fashion something similar
from the pictures.

I've tried a couple of skinny pokey things down various holes whilst
pulling on the wires but nothing seems to work. :-(

In days of yore the trick was to get the bit of smashed telescopic
aerial that just fitted over the pins and use that to retract the barbs...

Plan "B" fast approaching. ;-)

Tim

Lucas Bergkamp